The four volumes in the Saint Joseph Catechism for Young Catholics series endeavor to assist catechists and educators in the spiritual formation of the youths in their care as well as parents who are raising their children in the Faith.
This series has been found to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church by the Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The third volume was developed for those in Grades 6, 7, and 8, with a focus on providing youths with a more expanded understanding of the fundamental beliefs, practices, and prayers of the Faith.
- Uses an effective Question-and-Answer format to convey the essential elements of Catholic doctrine
- Presents God; Creation; Jesus Christ; the Holy Spirit; the Church; the Sacraments; Sin; the Life of Grace; the Moral Life; Mary and the Saints; and Death, Judgment, Eternity in an orderly way so that youths can easily retain information with greater understanding
- Provides fuller explanations of the questions included
- Offers “Fill in the Blanks” section throughout to encourage the retention of information
- Includes “Bible Reading” section throughout that demonstrates the connection between topics covered and Scripture
- Provides discussion questions to help youths think more deeply about the information they have read, to listen to how others understood the texts, and to talk about topics
- Features “Practice” section throughout that offers opportunities for youths to relate what they have learned to their own lives
- Includes three Appendices: the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes, Duties of Catholics, and Essential Prayers
- Illustrated in full color throughout, including the Holy Rosary