Life and Love: Opening Your Heart to God's Design
This title is not currently in stock in our warehouse, but can be special-ordered. Learn more.
Human life. We marvel at its complexity, we wonder at its fragility, and as Catholics we embrace its dignity. But as far back as 1880, the Church has faced the reality that our culture often stands in opposition to God’s loving design for life, love, marriage, and family.
In Life and Love: Opening Your Heart to God’s Design, Terry Polakovic takes us on a fascinating tour of eight Church documents, spanning nearly 140 years, that pertain to human life and love:
- (On Christian Marriage), by Pope Leo XIII, 1880
- (Of Chaste Wedlock), by Pope Pius XI, 1930
- (Of Human Life), by Pope Paul VI, 1968
- (On the Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World), by Pope John Paul II, 1981
- (On the Dignity and Vocation of Women), by John Paul II, 1988
- (The Gospel of Life), by John Paul II, 1995
Deus Caritas Est
- (God Is Love), by Pope Benedict XVI, 2005
- (The Joy of Love), by Pope Francis, 2016
Whether you’ve read these documents before or are discovering them for the first time, Life and Love will help you understand how the Church consistently and fearlessly offers the only true response to the battles of our time.