This title is not currently in stock in our warehouse. Please allow 2-14 extra days for special-order processing.
Here, Anthony Esolen—professor at Providence College and a prolific writer uses moral, theological, and cultural arguments
to defend this holy and ancient institution, bedrock of society—and to illuminate the threats it faces from modern revolutions in law, public policy, and sexual morality.Inside, discover:- Traditional marriage’s roots in age-old religious, cultural, and natural laws
- Why gay marriage is a metaphysical impossibility
- How acceptance and legal sanction of gay marriage threatens the family
- How the state becomes a religion when it attempts to elevate gay marriage, and enshrine as a civil right all consensual sex
- How divorce and sexual license have brought marriage to the brink
- How today’s culture has impoverished and emptied love of its true meaning
In Defending Marriage, Esolen expertly and succinctly identifies the cultural dangers of gay marriage and the Sexual Revolution which paved its way.
He offers a stirring defense of true marriage, the family, culture, and love—and provides the compelling arguments that will return us to sanity, and out of our current morass.