For more than thirty years, nearly one million bereaved Catholic families have drawn comfort from the pastoral wisdom of the late Msgr. Joseph M. Champlin in Through Death to Life. This leading Catholic funeral planning resource contains all the approved lectionary readings and other liturgical texts needed to celebrate a funeral Mass, bringing together in one place all the official liturgical texts needed for planning a Catholic funeral Mass.
This accessible, easy-to-use liturgical aid provides a practical tool for priests, deacons, and lay pastoral ministers as they help grieving Catholics plan the funeral of a loved one. Families can select the readings and prayers that they find most fitting and record them on an easy-to-follow selection sheet. This sheet is then passed on to the presiding priest or his designate so that he can prepare the liturgy.
Highlights of this edition:
- Nearly one million copies sold in thirty-year history
- Contains all required changes from the 2011 edition of the new Roman Missal, official lectionary readings approved for use at the funeral Mass, and the pertinent texts from the Order of Christian Funerals
- Updated pastoral introduction offers comfort to both families and their pastoral leaders
- Comprehensive selection sheet included for families to fill out as they choose their readings and prayers
- Contains two distinct numbering systems: one coincides with the official liturgical books and the other with the Funeral Mass and Rite of Committal ritual card set published for presiders by Ave Maria Press
- Brief, informative appendix explaining Church teaching on the practice of cremation