If you believe in the transformative power of Scripture in your life, imagine what it can do for others around you!
Scripture scholar Stephen Binz has spent the past 30 years working to help Catholics with the “frequent reading” of Scripture through the ancient movements of lectio divina — listening, meditating, praying, contemplating the Word and witnessing to it. That means reading the Bible fully expecting the Holy Spirit to illuminate the passage we read.
Now in Scripture-God’s Handbook for Evangelizing Catholics he brings to light the power of scripture to not only renew our lives, but make us living witnesses of the Gospel. Inspired and influenced by Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis, Binz shows us the indissoluble connection between their call to New Evangelization and its necessary connection to the Word of God.
Every chapter brings you closer to Christ and closer to His Word as you:
- Grasp the importance of recovering the evangelical dimension of Catholicism
- Discover the “hero evangelizers” in Scripture and history
- Learn to read the Bible as an evangelizing Catholic
- Understand the key link between lectio divina and the New Evangelizatiion
- Identify the obstacles to hearing and witnessing to God’s Word today
- Understand the role of Mary, the Star of the New Evangelization
Through Stephen’s approachable but thorough coverage of the topic, you’ll be prepared to share with the world your joy in the Lord!