This powerful and inspiring prayer book from the Apostleship of Prayer—“the pope’s worldwide prayer network”—engages readers with the Church’s daily scripture readings and introduces Catholics and other Christians to the traditional spiritual devotion known as lectio divina, or “sacred reading,” in a new way.
Led in your daily journey by the Apostleship of Prayer—an international Jesuit prayer ministry—you’ll use an accessible, six-step process inspired by Ignatian spirituality that will enhance your reading of scripture and provide you with practical applications that will change your heart and enrich your prayer life.
Sacred Reading: The 2017 Guide to Daily Prayer guides you through the Church’s daily gospel readings, as well as readings for solemnities and feast days, asking you to
- know that God is present;
- read the gospel;
- notice what you think and feel;
- pray for yourself and others;
- listen to Jesus; and
- ask God to show you how to live today.
Beginning with Advent and following the entire Church year, this book is a catalyst for an intimate encounter with Christ by reading, reflecting, praying, and responding to the Word of God in a way that is both familiar and fresh.
Features & Benefits
- In its first year, the Sacred Reading series sold more than 38,000 copies.
- The Apostleship of Prayer was established in 1844 and has more than 35 million members worldwide.