With permission granted by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments and approval of the Apostolic Patrimony of the Holy See, this edition has been deemed in accordance with the Editio typica tertia and its sources. Textually, this edition is the same as that published by the Vatican in 2002, with the addition of two celebrations to the Proper of Saints.
Features of Missale Romanum Editio iuxta typicam tertiam:
- Handmade, reinforced cover made in Belgium from genuine German leather with gold stamping of Christ Pantocrator (front) and a Chi-Rho figure (back);
- Images from the Church’s treasury of fine art;
- 6 ornate place-holder ribbons;
- Gold-stamped leather endsheets;
- text is completely in Latin;
- Leather tabs; and
- Double-gilded pages.