Gain more grace — and more joy — from Holy Communion.
If going to Mass and taking Communion has become just another routine for you, don’t assume that indifference is an ordinary part of growing mature in the Faith. On the contrary: your love of Communion should be growing stronger. You can strengthen it now with this wise book from a little-known saint, Peter Julian Eymard.
St. Peter shows you how surprisingly easy it is to break out of the dullness that can settles into your soul, obscuring the glory of meeting your Lord in Communion. You’ll learn from him how to approach Holy Communion not as a duty, but as a preparation for Heaven. His direction can help you, too, to draw on the spiritual resources God gives you in every Communion.
You’ll find valuable directions about what to do when you feel unworthy to receive Communion, as well as useful – and unexpected – advice about how to make your post-Communion thanksgivings more fruitful.
Through Scripture and holy logic, St. Peter Julian Eymard will impress upon you exactly how important Holy Communion is for growth in the spiritual life. Now is the time for you to take up this brief book and let this holy man show you how to transform your Communions into the bountiful sources of grace God wants them to be.
- Why Holy Communion must be central to your prayer and work – and how it can be
- How Holy Communion actually helps you grow in virtue and holiness
- What you must do – and must not do – after Holy Communion in order to maximize its effects in your soul
- How Communion helps you bring order and harmony to your human relationships
- Looking for happiness in this life? How Holy Communion is your key even to the most lasting worldly joys
- Eternal life: how Holy Communion plants its seed in your soul today
- Your spiritual life: why it quickly languishes without regular Communion
- How to avoid the common mistake people make that renders their Communions ineffective
- Not experiencing any spiritual joy in Communion? What you must do
- And much more that will transform your Communions from routine observances to dynamic encounters with the living God!