“We are frequently tempted to think that holiness is only for those who can withdraw from ordinary affairs to spend much time in prayer. That is not the case. We are all called to be holy by living our lives with love and by bearing witness in everything we do, wherever we find ourselves.” — Pope Francis, Gaudete et Exsultate
In his third apostolic exhortation, Pope Francis presents the universal call to live holy lives with a new, fresh approach. We are encouraged to strive for — and achieve — holiness in our everyday lives. As we actively live out holiness day by day, we not only draw closer to the Lord ourselves, but become participants in bringing others to Christ.
Gaudete et Exsultate shows us:
- How to understand and embrace the call to holiness
- How to spot the contemporary enemies of holiness
- How to understand Christ’s call to holiness in the Beatitudes
- How to be signs of holiness in our everyday lives
- How to draw strength for the battle for holiness