PLEASE NOTE: This is the most recent and fully up-to-date 7th edition of the Daily Roman Missal! The Daily Roman Missal and the Roman Missal (the official Church document whose text is used in the Daily Roman Missal) have different edition numbering. As a result, the cover reads “According to the Roman Missal, 3rd. Edition”, even though this is the 7th Edition of the Daily Roman Missal.
First Published over 15 years ago, the Daily Roman Missal is an essential resource for anyone who wants to grow closer to the Eucharist. An ideal traveling companion and a great fit for your glove box, briefcase, backpack, or carry-on, the DRM is a complete source for following the Mass, studying it more closely, and reflecting on its profound beauty and grace. The missal is a book for the home as well as a book for the church. It familiarizes the People of God with Sacred Scripture, explaining it in the context of their public and communal worship of God.
This new Seventh Edition includes the responses and liturgical texts from the new English translation of the Third Edition of the Order of Mass; all prayers, antiphons, and other texts for the seasons of the liturgical year; the Proper and Commons of Saints; Masses for the Dead; and many Ritual, Votive, and other Masses. It includes all readings (New American Bible with Revised New Testament) from Sunday and weekday Masses, the Proper and Commons of Saints; and many from the Ritual, Votive, Various Needs, and Masses for the Dead. All this plus over 200 pages of devotions and prayers complete this dignified, one-volume hand missal.
- Prayers, antiphons, and readings (A-B-C cycle for Sundays, two-year cycle for weekdays) for all Masses throughout the liturgical year;
- English (new translation) and Latin texts side-by-side for the Order of Mass (including the four Eucharistic Prayers), the Entrance and Communion Antiphons, the response to the Responsorial Psalm, the Sequence, the Alleluia verse before the Gospel, and many devotions and prayers;
- Masses for all the saints on the General Roman Calendar, adapted for use in the dioceses of the United States of America;
- Foreword by Rev. Msgr. James P. Moroney, Consultor to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments;
- Liturgical Calendar of dates through 2023;
- Durable, Smyth-sewn binding that lays flat from cover to cover when open;
- Six placeholder ribbons;
- Padded covers with leather-wrapped boards; and
- Gilded edges