In these pages, EWTN host and Franciscan Friar Fr Andrew Apostoli reflects on each of the questions asked by Jesus and gently guides you into a deeper understanding of the wisdom of who He is and what He is asking of you. Among the many questions you’ll explore are . . .
- Why were you looking for me? Learn what this answer says about the presence of Jesus in your spiritual life.
- What do you seek? Discover why Holy Mass is the key to knowing this answer.
- O woman, what have you to do with me? How this question tests your faith, and why the salvation of your soul may depend on how you answer it.
- Why are you afraid? Have you no faith? Learn how prayer is the key to fully knowing this answer.
- Who do you say the Son of Man is? Discover how this question was crucial in granting authority to Peter and the Apostles.
- Who do you say that I am? Why recognizing Jesus as your Lord is in itself insufficient.
- Will you also want to leave? Learn how this question is key to knowing how to persevere in the spiritual life.
- Do you know what I have done for you? Discover it is imperative that you live by the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
- What would a man offer in exchange for his soul? The three things you must offer to Jesus to attain eternal life.
- Could you not watch one hour with me? The inevitable dangers we will face if we don’t pray.
- Do you love me? How the reconciliation of Peter and Jesus should give us courage and fortitude.